Quantcast

Author Topic: Civilian Manifesto-Make the Civilian side great again.  (Read 4186 times)

Offline Marx

• [L2] Junior Staff
  • Balkan lad
  • Group: SWP
  • In-Game Name: [IGC]Marx-CTA|SWP
Civilian Manifesto-Make the Civilian side great again.
« on: March 22, 2018, 04:04:46 pm »

We need to revive the Civilian Side!

As many of you have noticed by now,the Civilian side is slowly dying even though many people have been trying to revive our great side.The majority of those people are dedicated players (Nock,DavanN,Mackepper,Raider,Marx etc.) or developers who have heard our feedback on the side and have done their best by regulating and adding jobs (Adeeb,LilDolla).

Why do I think that our side is not as well taken care of compared to other sides?

So,my current belief is that OUR side is way too ignored despite the efforts of some players.This is due to the immense popularity of Criminal and Law Occupations that dominate IGC's playerbase.Let's take a look at the groups firstly.We can notice that 99% of active groups on IGC are either fully Criminal or Law.But,where are the Civilians? The answer is simple.The majority of Civilians are in groups full of criminals and law units,while there are only 2 active fully civilian groups that are ready to merge into 1 (Legion and The Silent Worker will form a Civilian Union).So,we are left with only 1 active Civilian group.This is truly devastating considering the  amount of Civilians that exist on the server who play on Crim/Law groups (not trying to say anything bad for any group).I think Civilians must unite and make OUR side great again.

Another great example of the major current inferiority of our side definitely has to be the playerbase.I find it at least hypocritical to act like a dedicated Civilian when you only do the job that is good for the month (currently Pilot) just cause you get tons of money.I don't find doing a job just to earn cash wrong,I find it wrong to act like you care about our side.The only thing that infuriates me about those sort of people is that they do 1 or 2 jobs when they aren't busy killing eachother as crims and cops,then act like they ''love'' the side and they support the opinion of other dedicated Civilians.

Major Problems and How to Tackle them

Underpayment of the following jobs:
  • Paramedic
  • Coroner
  • Mechanic
  • Bus Driver
  • Quarry Miner
  • Pizza Boy
  • Mariner
  • Trash Collector

Solution:At least a 70% buff on the payment on the jobs

Ignoration of Civilian Groups

My suggestion is to give a sort of special perk/bonus for those who create Active,Trustworthy,Official and primarily dedicated fully Civilian groups.
This way more people will be encouraged to form active Civilian groups in order to help promote OUR side.

Possible Perks/Bonuses:
  • Free Sub-Board
  • Discount on base
  • 1 free car/boat on spawners
  • Discount on skin
  • Free Job Title

So,this is all I have to say for now.If this goes well,I will create a 2nd part of this Civilian Manifesto,but I need feedback.

- IGC member since '17
- Ex L4 Staff member
- Proud founder and Sec. Gen. of the SWP
- Proud founder and worker of the CTA
- Proud former GIGN colonel (before SG fucked everything)

Offline NizwaFTW

• SaddamHussien
  • Honourable
Re: Civilian Manifesto-Make the Civilian side great again.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 04:23:13 pm »
I already said we would give any Civ group that actually are doing their best and active free stuff, But i failed to see any worthy group up til now so your solution is already something we want to do but you need to do your part aswell and make a worthy group.

Offline Marx

• [L2] Junior Staff
  • Balkan lad
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 04:25:19 pm »
I already said we would give any Civ group that actually are doing their best and active free stuff, But i failed to see any worthy group up til now so your solution is already something we want to do but you need to do your part aswell and make a worthy group.
I'm doing my utmost to make a proper civ group,but nobody is keen on joining one due to the fact that it has no action like Law/Crim.That's the issue.If civ doesn't pay well,then people won't do civ and won't join groups.
- IGC member since '17
- Ex L4 Staff member

Offline Raider

• Community Member
  • Probably sleeping
  • In-Game Name: Raider
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 03:02:09 am »
Imagine if paramedic got buffed together with the healing price...

"No Nock don't get near... Im warning ya... OH SHIT HES HEALING ME ALL MY BETTING SHOP ROBBERY MONEY NOOOO" *shoots him*

XD
Raider/Sargon

Offline Marx

• [L2] Junior Staff
  • Balkan lad
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 04:12:06 am »
Imagine if paramedic got buffed together with the healing price...

"No Nock don't get near... Im warning ya... OH SHIT HES HEALING ME ALL MY BETTING SHOP ROBBERY MONEY NOOOO" *shoots him*

XD
Instead of bumping up the healing price,why not add a mission so Paramedics can earn money even when nobody is fighting?
- IGC member since '17
- Ex L4 Staff member

Offline Raider

• Community Member
  • Probably sleeping
  • In-Game Name: Raider
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 05:14:12 am »
Instead of bumping up the healing price,why not add a mission so Paramedics can earn money even when nobody is fighting?

Yeah well
I suggested it ages ago about this mission, not accepted, not added.
Now they again will listen to you, and not to me
Raider/Sargon

Offline Price

• Expert Community Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 02:02:03 am »
The civilian side is greatly neglected, the attention sticks to the criminal and law side and the reason is pretty clear, there is more action in those 2 sides compared to the civilian side which is just bland. Increasing the payment of the jobs will do as it states, increase the payment, not make it appealing and interesting, it has to be unique and has to attract players to want to do the job. By adding some sort of adjustment to the current civilian jobs, with the way they are played out has to be different. Most of the jobs, if you compare it to other servers are similar which is a flaw and could be a possible reason as to why there are very few civilians.

Offline Marx

• [L2] Junior Staff
  • Balkan lad
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 02:23:59 am »
The civilian side is greatly neglected, the attention sticks to the criminal and law side and the reason is pretty clear, there is more action in those 2 sides compared to the civilian side which is just bland. Increasing the payment of the jobs will do as it states, increase the payment, not make it appealing and interesting, it has to be unique and has to attract players to want to do the job. By adding some sort of adjustment to the current civilian jobs, with the way they are played out has to be different. Most of the jobs, if you compare it to other servers are similar which is a flaw and could be a possible reason as to why there are very few civilians.
I agree that our side is greatly neglected,and I agree with the lack of action and blandness in the Civilian side.But generally,the side has numerous problems that can be fixed,thus attracting a bigger playerbase.
- IGC member since '17
- Ex L4 Staff member

Offline Glenno

• [L5] Head Staff
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 04:35:09 am »
It is not just the civilian jobs, the civilian groups lack creativity as well. You can't just create a group and say that it is a civilian group. You must convince people to join your group and show them that your group is unique.

Offline Electro

• Senior Community Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 08:18:58 am »
If your topic has not been posted in for over 14 days, it will be locked.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal