Quantcast

Author Topic: Reset Status Update  (Read 341 times)

Offline Gus

• IGC Founder
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Group: NSM
  • In-Game Name: Gus
Reset Status Update
« on: March 03, 2019, 05:32:47 pm »
As promised the reset will happen early this month, progress is going great to get everything rebalanced. Over the last few days myself Emile and Dolla have been on the dev server making and testing everything and fixing bugs.  Over the next few days you might see some changes and soon you'll see the reset.

Currently we have re-balanced the servers economy to be more realistic and harder to obtain money and monetary items such as cars and houses. The next thing on the list is fixing map bugs which I am currently doing as I type this post. Fixing the map bugs, and items mapped around that aren't suppose to be there should be finished tonight.

While me and Emile fixed the economy, LilDolla has been hard at working making sure the reset happens as flawlessly as possible. This entails things such as achievements not spamming you with 5 million when you first log in after the reset as you will keep your hours and it will trigger the achievements. Things also included in this is making sure you keep your hours and group stats as we do not want you to lose group stats.

While we have been quiet for the last few weeks regarding the reset, rest assured that we are working on it and are trying to get every bug that has been reported and every bug we find fixed. This also means that we have not had all the time we would like to add new features that were posted, however when we do reset the server we will be pushing for the new features to be added. We are hoping to make this as smooth as  possible for both the players and the IGC team. Looking forward to seeing all the current IGC Citizens and the new ones yet to arrive very soon on reset day! :*
I love lions.

Offline Gus

• IGC Founder
  • Hello
    • View Profile
Re: Reset Status Update
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 06:29:18 pm »
Check List of things that have been completed so far to prepare for the reset!

1.) Balanced economy with lower income and realistic prices for cars, weapons, ammo ect.
2.) Map bugs across the map have been patched, there might be some remaining, if you find one after the reset report it on the forum and label it as Map bug and I'll get it fixed.
3.) QA Board. Bugs on the QA board are working to be fixed and are still a work in process. While we are pushing to fix every bug reported nothing is ever perfect, there will be bugs when we reset and they will be fixed that same day. There might also be bugs that aren't being fixed due to them not being reported and us not knowing of them. If you find a bug after reset report it and we'll get on it.
4.) New features, the features have been put on hold and will come out after the reset as we are aiming for a bugless or mostly bugless reset and server. Adding new features while there are still bugs will just create more bugs and a dead feature. The new features will be pushed out after bugs have been fixed and we are looking to do new features at least once a week for the coming weeks.

Color Code: Green = completed | Yellow = Work in Progress | Red = Not Started

While to most of you this doesn't look like a lot, however the economy is a huge part of any game or server and requires multiple test and calculations to make sure any one thing isn't paying more than another, as well as making sure it's not too hard, or too easy. We also had to test every single feature that gives money. This and the bug fixes is what makes it take a long time. Now that the economy has been balanced our main focus is to push bug fixes. Once they have been done you should see the reset soon after. So keep an eye on this thread and you'll know how everything is going.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 05:10:18 pm by Gus »
I love lions.

Offline Gus

• IGC Founder
  • Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 11:17:40 am »
Update: After three days of working on bugs and thinking we had them all done and then finding another board full of bugs we are nearly done. As it currently stands we have 4 reported bugs left to fix.
The last few bugs should be fixed within a few hours then they will be done. After that is completed we will be discussing the exact time that we will do the reset, and we will update you guys once we've set a time.

We are currently debating redesigning a few features we currently have before doing the reset. Nothing is currently set in stone on that idea.
I love lions.

Offline Gus

• IGC Founder
  • Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 01:49:29 pm »
Some of the features we're currently working on as I am typing this message is the following.

• Disabled LS turfs as players stated they'd like to have LV only turfs.
  • Drug Binding, the way we have it set up is you'll need to go to B>settings>scroll down to drug binds and set them up. There's no need to do /bind [drug] [1] you'll select to enable drug binds and select the key you want to bind them to and hit save and you're done.
  • Re-worked car tuning. The previous car tuning method was never fully complete and had a ton of bugs. We are currently working on that to get a new system for tuning your cars.
  • New graphic mods, such as modded roads ect to make your game look better.
  • Redesigned login panel. We're looking to make a new login panel with the current features and more, and making it more aesthetic to look at.
  • Market area for selling drugs,weapons, cars, and property. This area will be a safe zone. If you get wanted then cops will be able to arrest you.
  • Creating a new CnR system with more events and better balanced for our server.

These are some of the top things I could think of right off the bat, we have more ideas in mind and i'll keep updating everything as we continue moving forward.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 12:36:27 pm by Gus »
I love lions.

Offline Noble

• Veteran Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 08:25:54 am »
Would be great to have more interactive jobs like the ones we already have, Mail Carrier, miner, etc. The most the interaction, the better the Gameplay and the Joy/fun.

A really good old community member

Offline Gus

• IGC Founder
  • Hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 05:09:16 pm »
Due to an error on my end, you might notice some changes in game once you login. I've pushed some updates to the main server such as drug binding, weapon binding, the economy changes and all of the bug fixes.

The prices you see for cars, weapons, and ammo will be the set prices. Those are not going to change. Every event that gives you money has been nerfed. Jobs are $7,000 an hour, with the max being $180,000 an hour at the highest level. It will take 2000 hours to reach max in a job. This balances the economy and gives you something to work for. 

Criminal task payments have been nerfed as well. The higher your level the more you'll make. At level one you will get around $800-$1000 for robbing an ATM.

This does not mean that the reset has happened. It has not. I've pushed some updates that were done due to an error on my end.

We are still hard at work getting new features added.
I love lions.