Poll

Are you in favor of: The Global Reset

In favor
31 (70.5%)
Not in favor
13 (29.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: February 10, 2019, 10:46:34 pm

Author Topic: The Global Reset Proposition and a Welcome Back  (Read 544 times)

Offline LilDolla

• IGC Founder
    • View Profile
  • In-Game Name: LilDolla
The Global Reset Proposition and a Welcome Back
« on: February 07, 2019, 02:50:14 pm »

The Global Reset
A proposition for a new day...

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've last posted, but that doesn't mean I haven't been lurking in the shadows ;). First i'd like to take the chance to let you all know that our previous Founder, Gus, has rejoined the IGC team and will help out with all the past things he's done for the community. I'd also like to welcome our newest developer ShayF onto the development team. IGC has been alive for more than 2 years and in those 2 years there has been a lot of change. We've lost our oldest community members and gained new ones BUT we've  managed to evolve in the course of 2 years. IGC is nothing like what the remaining rememants of GTI was. But today comes a new project that we plan to implement based on community support.

We plan on implementing a Global Reset. A global reset will result in pressing a reset button that will DELETE all progress since Day 1. The only stats that would be kept is account data (Like your name and when you registered) and your group structure (Group statistics will also be reset). All vehicles will also disappear. By the time you're reading this you'll think this would cause chaos and we've thought about this. All players would start in a new economy with $250,000 in their bank accounts, while players that have invested real money into IGC will receive an extra $1,000,000. In addition to the reset, we intend on also pushing big features in the reset window that will also include bug fixes that should make the server less buggy and more enjoyable.

We believe a global reset would balance out the economy of IGC and let everyone have a fresh start and give us a chance to also freshen up IGC and bring a new and great experience that will allow all players to have even more fun.

Please read this carefully and do NOT forget to vote on the poll. This vision of IGC will better the community and lead to more EQUALITY and PROSPERITIY in the server.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:07:26 pm by LilDolla »

maybe I should give you a name. but that's a slippery slope

Offline Marx

• [L4] Senior Staff
  • Balkan folk
    • View Profile
  • Group: SWP
  • In-Game Name: [IGC]Vladimir|SWP
Re: The Global Reset Proposition and a Welcome Back
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 03:03:53 pm »
Good idea m8, I actually did this independently before I took an unexpected break. +1 from my side, this will freshen up the experience.

Offline NizwaFTW

• SaddamHussien
  • [L5] Head Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 03:13:13 pm »
I believe this would be hella fun, as everyone would be able to compete with others and comparing their progress, especially the kind of people who like to claim the most exotic houses will be able to if they put an effort, Good luck!.

Offline juan

• Expert Community Member
  • reeeeeeeeee
    • View Profile
  • Group: Ca$hout Crew
  • In-Game Name: Spyno
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 03:17:39 pm »
yes m8, very nice
''Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies''

Proud Founder of Ca$hout Crew

Offline Gus

• IGC Founder
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Group: NSM
  • In-Game Name: Gus
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 03:20:10 pm »
I would suggest keeping the server open while projects are worked on, then once we've finished making the changes we announce them then add them in game with the server reset, that way people don't miss out on the fun of playing with others as well as us not losing the player base we currently have.
I love lions.

Offline Alaa

• Senior Community Member
  • Catch me outside how about that?
    • View Profile
  • Group: Kilo Tray Crips
  • In-Game Name: Alaa
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 03:21:19 pm »
Well, why not BUT why not to give the players a chance to choose 2 or 1 cars to have them FROM their owned cars

Offline TwiSTeD

• Junior Community Member
  • I Do What I Want ! Only The God Can Judge Me!
    • View Profile
  • Group: ꧁☆☬ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛꜱ☬☆꧂
  • In-Game Name: TwiSTeD|BO$
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 03:35:51 pm »
DOWN VOTE !!! we worked hard to make these Great Account , Then you reset them , WTF !!! if you did that the majority of players will leave !! For Example : Intrusion with 1h wtf !!! he spent 2.5k in playing then Boom , account stats '0'
Proud To be The Leader of BO$
Criminal BOSS
Junior Comunity Member
Have A Nice Day !

Offline NizwaFTW

• SaddamHussien
  • [L5] Head Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 04:09:03 pm »

DOWN VOTE !!! we worked hard to make these Great Account , Then you reset them , WTF !!! if you did that the majority of players will leave !! For Example : Intrusion with 1h wtf !!! he spent 2.5k in playing then Boom , account stats '0'

The only stats that would be kept is account data
That means the account data is not to be removed, such as play time.

Offline ILY'

• G 0 D of LV
    • View Profile
  • Group: Ca$hout Crew'
  • In-Game Name: ILY'|CC
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 04:47:31 pm »
Is it contains kills ? if it hell no i did hard work to get my kills
RealEyes,Realize,RealLies

Proud Father of Ca$hout Crew

Offline Nock

• [L2] Junior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 06:07:53 pm »
Is it contains kills ? if it hell no i did hard work to get my kills
Kills are marked in the player's stats so no they will stay
However the kda will be reset

Offline PetroSailor

• View Profile
  • Group: Bikers MC
  • In-Game Name: PetroSailor
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 07:54:31 pm »
but my old tuned freeway. please no
San Andreas. Untouched by Arran, Brian, and the rest of the cancerous CIT community. Isn't it beautiful?

Offline Pancake

• Community Member
  • I SLAUGHTER WHORES AND LITTLE CHILDREN
    • View Profile
  • In-Game Name: Pancake
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 07:57:50 pm »
i swear to fucking god all of you mongrels that downvote obviously cant see the bigger picture.
i've been playing here for two fucking years with some breaks and every time i came back there was that rich ass fuckin elite that you just could never catch up to. wiping the server, balancing the jobs and adding some more minor changes will allow us to have a better gameplay and get more fucking players. are you all fucking autistic or what?

ps. people who downvote because of petty reasons like "ooooh im gonna lose my fucking 0,05 k/d ratio that i worked for 10 years to get" or "im going to lose my gold fucking plated freeway that has diamond fucking rims and a platinum exauhst along with an engine block made from platinum - ruby alloy" are more fucking retarted than the guys that dont give a word of feedback
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:00:54 pm by Pancake »

-L4 Staff
-Playing IGC since 2016
-Famous War Criminal
-Founder of Homonazism
-Nizwa's Slave
-Legal Gay Husband of LilDolla
-White European Teuton

Offline MrViol4TgL

• Community Member
  • Puto el que lo lea
    • View Profile
  • Group: K!NG$ CR3W
  • In-Game Name: iKevin_x
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 08:11:08 pm »
I'm not in favor of everything we've been working on for more than a year, will we lose it in a second? This is bad the old players will lose everything? everything we have worked for will be lost - years, months, days, weeks :'( :(
i'm iKevin_x fk u >:3
Criminal Boss
Co-Founder of K!NG$ CR3W
Community Member

Offline Pancake

• Community Member
  • I SLAUGHTER WHORES AND LITTLE CHILDREN
    • View Profile
  • In-Game Name: Pancake
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 08:38:40 pm »
I'm not in favor of everything we've been working on for more than a year, will we lose it in a second? This is bad the old players will lose everything? everything we have worked for will be lost - years, months, days, weeks :'( :(

Ah yes, the common and useless argument thats full of shit and player tears. Obviously, you dont see the importance of this matter. All you care for is your own, sorry ass which you 'WORKED' off for more than a year. It's quite sad you cant have an overlook of the situation from a staff position, it dramatically changes your viewpoint on the situation.
To be honest with you - we dont need old players, we need new ones to add the fire to our community, suggest and contribute. Also it gets quite repetetive when you have everything and you do the same thing over and over again, for example; PvP battles between criminals and policemen. If you fought once, you basically have seen everything and it goes downhill from there. There is a solution to that, all you have to do is restart the server and have players start over from zero, or as i like to call it "The Wipe". Now, before you drop some useless arguments about Wiping a server being useless and it basically takes out the fun from playing cause you gotta grind your way up again, ive been playing a game that could do it SUCCESSFULLY for YEARS. The two most active servers the game has reach over 60 players in daylight hours (GMT +1), and guess what? EVERY FONLINE SERVER EMPLOYS THE WIPE! Haha how weird for a repetetive rpg game with a small fanbase to have so much players.
Alas i fear i might be writing all of this for nothing, as you all idiotic, conservative PvP apes wont consider any of these arguments and just continue spitting shit about losing your great wealth gained by working your ass off. 
Eat shit.

-L4 Staff
-Playing IGC since 2016
-Famous War Criminal
-Founder of Homonazism
-Nizwa's Slave
-Legal Gay Husband of LilDolla
-White European Teuton

Offline Comandante

• | | | I'm from the SWAT Team: D | | |
    • View Profile
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • In-Game Name: Paurd
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 08:58:18 pm »
I Would Like But A Question Would You Like My Premium Hours? What will happen to LAS Bc?

>:)  8)TheKing 8) >:)
I Love SWAT Team <3

No doubts for me
The Best Group :D