Quantcast

Author Topic: [Revamp] San Andreas (Game area) / Turfing  (Read 3398 times)

[Revamp] San Andreas (Game area) / Turfing
« on: February 16, 2018, 06:30:15 am »
Make sure that you read this top to bottom before I have to explain again and make a fool out of someone

These two go hand-to-hand.

San Andreas

We all know that San Andreas is a vast, massive place. Let's take the biggest server which used to be around 800 players, even then in some places in the cities it feels empty. So how can we spread the whole server of around 80-20 people through the whole San Andreas? I feel like, for a smaller community, we need to cut down a little bit. Cut down to 1 city and county and then it would actually look filled. That activity would attract players. It would feel real yet not hardcore.

Turfing

In my opinion, it is way overused. Why can't we use less scripts and make it easier for ourselves? Let's say we all would move to LS. A turf, is a hood when you think about it. So gangs would identify their own hoods, and you would have to remember them. You don't go around streets IRL knowing where every gang is, you would learn from experience or if someone told you. So you'd have to be careful and you wouldn't know why would some gangs be fighting, drive-bying or meeting up to fight in some alleyways. It would simply be amazing and something people haven't seen in a non-hardcore RP server in MTA.

Re: [Revamp] San Andreas (Game area) / Turfing
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 03:39:37 am »
please use the correct format:

Suggestion summary:
Detailed explanation:
Location of update (job location on map):
Skins or shaders:
Is there payment for this update? If so place the payout here:

and then add a poll
One of these was enough...

Offline Glenno

• [L5] Head Staff
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 10:43:28 am »
I don't think we should concentrate all server-activity to one single place. We must give players the opportunity to actually explore places. That's why we have to give roles to every region:

- Los Santos > CnR, civilian jobs
- San Fierro > Civilian jobs
- Las Venturas > Turfing

Remove the turfs from Los Santos and add some more challenges to the turfing-experience in Las Venturas, like higher payments for winning turf wars, giving drugs as 'reward' for taking turfs and issue bonuses to groups who manage to own all turfs.

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 10:46:04 am »
I don't really see the point in turfs in LS.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 01:12:29 am »
Sorry Glenno but on this occasion I completely disagree. Tomukas200 is right to suggest that consolidating gameplay into a smaller area of the map would improve RP experience and provide for a more entertaining experience. Rather, the turfs in LV should be removed and turfing should commence in LS. There's rarely more than 30 players online at once, so anybody who supports spreading them across the entire map is very counter-intuitive. 30 players would barely populate the houses on Grove Street. Of course, the fact that gameplay already spreads across the map causes an issue, as we can't suddenly relocate all the bases and amend the job scripts. But nonetheless gameplay could transition to being LS-centric. In the long run it would pay off.

You have my word, this would increase player interest and promote a higher player count.
I think we had a full discussion about this on discord, maybe we could paste the logs here.

Offline Electro

• Senior Community Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 08:24:08 am »
If your topic has not been posted in for over 14 days, it will be locked.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal