Quantcast

Author Topic: Proposal regarding the group system  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Glenno

• [L5] Head Staff
Proposal regarding the group system
« on: April 04, 2018, 07:17:26 am »
Dear members of the International Gaming Community,

In the past weeks there have been many discussions between representatives of the law and criminal sides about the perks and privileges of every side. Some of these discussions led to endless debates and accuses that nearly led to fights, even within the staff team.

Yesterday, the founders of this server decided to disable the group system for one week. One of the main reasons was to show the players how IGC life is like without any groups or group perks. I am sure that this decision has led to a wake up call for many players and that is why I am proposing the following:

- Some of the discussions were about removing perks from the law or criminal sides, while most of these perks weren't a real part of the problem. The main problem is the relation between both sides. Lately it seemed like the main goal was to attack the other side instead of creating balance. We must stop this and try to improve connections. This is a game, this is our community, and we should have fun, together!
- We should have weekly meetings about between representatives of every side so we can discuss about the problems we're facing. The main goal of the meetings is to create consensus and to improve the relation between every side. Because after all, if one side falls apart it will effect the community as a whole.
- We should try to host events and activities at least once a week. Think about raids, races, trainings, turf wars, etc. This way we will start having fun together.

As a main representative of the law side, I try to make every side equal to prevent any side being overpowered. However, based on the way we organized the server, we cannot make every side totally equal. However, I do believe we can give sides some extra perks to create more balance. As I said many times, it is not my goal to nerf criminal/civilian side, it is my goal to let players have fun, to give groups the opportunity to grow and develop. I do believe we, as Head Staff, have failed to represent every single player and to provide a nice environment to play in. I do take my responsibility for what happened and I do hope that the other Head Staff ( @Adeeb , @NizwaFTW ) are willing to admit the mistakes made by us, as a team, as well.

From this moment, I want to be nothing else but optimistic about the future. We are going to have fun again. As the leader of the law side, I'd like to propose the following to bring back the balance:

Criminal side
I am saying this for a long time, criminal side has two disadvantages:

• Being underpaid for having a risky job. If a criminal gets arrested or killed, he/she has to spend time in jail. That is why criminals should earn some more money than cops, because cops are able to respawn right after they died
  • Decrease jailtime. I do not see any purpose in criminals being jailed for a long time. I think the maximum jailtime should be 7-8 minutes.

Law side

• The tazer is meant to arrest criminals with a night stick, not to slow down and kill him while he is laying on the ground. Criminals should not take damage while being tazed (laying down animation)

And last but not least, my main proposal:
Bring back the group system, so we can try to improve every single sides by increasing cooperation.

Offline juan

• Expert Community Member
  • reeeeeeeeee
  • Group: Ca$hout Crew
  • In-Game Name: Spyno
Re: Proposal regarding the group system
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 08:31:30 am »
Being underpaid for having a risky job. If a criminal gets arrested or killed, he/she has to spend time in jail. That is why criminals should earn some more money than cops, because cops are able to respawn right after they died
you made it clear, i have nothing to say about this one
Decrease jailtime. I do not see any purpose in criminals being jailed for a long time. I think the maximum jailtime should be 7-8 minutes.
i agree also, but for the balance, i think we should raise the fine paying value and remove the limit of how many times you can escape jail
The tazer is meant to arrest criminals with a night stick, not to slow down and kill him while he is laying on the ground. Criminals should not take damage while being tazed (laying down animation)
i agree, bad habit + there is more bad habits like the cops / criminals glueing into a crims / cops vehicle to prevent him from escaping, should make it so you cant glue to the enemy side's vehicle and i think we should reduce the abusive habit of group perks, helis, aircrafts, interiors, houses etc, sometimes cops hide in houses and its impossible to reach them

Bring back the group system, so we can try to improve every single sides by increasing cooperation.

most important thing i agree with,
Regards.
''Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies''

Proud Founder of Ca$hout Crew

Offline Nock

• [L4] Senior Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:36:42 am »
And what about civilians..
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 08:39:46 am by Nock »

Offline Glenno

• [L5] Head Staff
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 08:41:49 am »
And what ablut civilians..

Well, we all agree that the civilian side needs serious improvements! :-) There's been no discussions about that. So feel free to post as many suggestions as you want that will improve the civ side.

Offline Marx

• [L2] Junior Staff
  • Balkan lad
  • Group: SWP
  • In-Game Name: [IGC]Marx-CTA|SWP
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 08:42:26 am »
As an answer to the thing you said about Head Staff not doing their work related to this topic correctly,I believe that all the staff team has some sort of affection/bias towards a certain demographic.But the issue is that we often see endless reply wars of forums disagreeing about the Law/Criminal side.I think what you said about joint activites once in a while might be a nice little addition related to the good relations of the 2 opposite sides.Preferences aside,we are all part of a community,IGC,and we all care about the prosperity and the amelioration of our server,not our side.
- IGC member since '17
- Ex L4 Staff member
- Proud founder and Sec. Gen. of the SWP
- Proud founder and worker of the CTA
- Proud former GIGN colonel (before SG fucked everything)

Offline Marx

• [L2] Junior Staff
  • Balkan lad
  • Group: SWP
  • In-Game Name: [IGC]Marx-CTA|SWP
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 08:43:27 am »
Well, we all agree that the civilian side needs serious improvements! :-) There's been no discussions about that. So feel free to post as many suggestions as you want that will improve the civ side.
The civilian side is virtually the simplest side to fix.We don't need much.Just a couple of tweaks on certain features.The real issue is the CnR.
- IGC member since '17
- Ex L4 Staff member
- Proud founder and Sec. Gen. of the SWP
- Proud founder and worker of the CTA
- Proud former GIGN colonel (before SG fucked everything)

Offline Electro

• Senior Community Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 08:46:47 am »
Be ready for a war incase  this doesn't work out xd.

Offline Excuend

• Junior Community Member
  • Group: Special Weapons and Tactics
  • In-Game Name: Excuend
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 10:45:17 am »
Seems like this is almost fair enough for both sides, I have no objections to this.

Offline Phantom

• Start to accept and move on
  • Group: San Andreas Worker's Party
  • In-Game Name: Phantom
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 07:22:53 pm »
Seems cool.

Offline Electro

• Senior Community Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2018, 08:17:32 am »
If your topic has not been posted in for over 14 days, it will be locked.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal