Quantcast

Author Topic: Tips on how to earn a "Community Rank"  (Read 4641 times)

Tips on how to earn a "Community Rank"
« on: December 06, 2016, 07:57:01 am »
Introduction

Community Ranks are forum ranks that are available to forum users to apply for. A community rank provides that user, who possesses such rank, with a title. The lowest available rank is 'Community Member' and the highest available is 'Veteran Community Member'. You cannot jump from say 'Community Member' straight to 'Veteran Community Member', you have to work your way up.

Available Community Ranks:

Community Member   Activity, Contributions   

Junior Community Member   Activity, Contributions and CM rank

Senior Community Member   Activity, Contributions and JCM rank

Expert Community Member   Activity, Contributions and SCM rank

Veteran Community Member   Activity, Contributions and ECM rank

Community Rank Application

The following things will be taken into account when reviewing a community rank application:
Post quality: Was time and effort used in a user's posts?
Suggestions: Have you taken the time to attempt to contribute any ideas you have?
Behavior: Are you setting a good example for the rest of community and following rules?

Note: If you are denied, you accept that you'll have to wait two weeks (from the day you got denied) until you can apply again.
Note: If you have just applied and gotten accepted you must wait at least three weeks before applying for a new rank. If you apply for another rank after being accepted and waiting, there will still be harsher standards set based on what rank you have.

In short, use your common sense

Getting a community rank is something that makes you an official member of this community and you shouldn't take it for granted. Since the server is not opened yet, you can prove yourself trustworthy and contributive on the forum only. Since the server is still getting updates daily, it is very important for you to engage in the "brainstorming". This means you need to take part in the suggestions board and give your votes/opinions on suggestions. If you have something on your mind, make sure to suggest it with as much details as possible.

Second thing you should keep in mind is that a community member is someone who is engaged in almost every branch of the community. This means your focus shouldn't be on one board only, you need to be seen in other boards like "General Discussion" or any team board. Your posts must be constructive and worth reading, also make sure your grammar is understandable so everyone could understand what you have to say.

When it comes to the content of your posts, they must be worth reading and constructive. You probably heard that word dozens of times and most of you probably know what it means, but just in case I will give you the definition of "constructive": promoting improvement or development (Few sentences with facts and rational explanation, proper punctuation and grammar). It is imperative that your posts are like that since that gives the readers a feeling of mature behavior and an impression of someone who knows what is he talking about.

Your behavior should be very good, this means no insulting other people, you need to respect the opinions of others and you have to be calm at all times. Using curse words in your sentences won't help, at all. That leaves the impression of someone who is immature and not so trustworthy. You also need to respect other people regardless of your forum status since everyone here are equal. If you follow these simple rules which are part of common sense, you won't face any problems in the future.

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Where should I post my Community member application?

• You should post your application in this topic.

How can I know if my application was accepted / denied?

• You get the response in your application topic.

My warning level is 10%, Can I still apply?

• Yes, Since there's no any rule which prevents applying while being warned.

What are the requirements for applying for community member?

• It depends on your activity & Contributions (Suggestions, Post quality, Behavior) towards the server

I've been a Community member for 2 weeks, But I think I deserve to be Junior Community Member, can I still apply?

• No. You'll probably get denied for not meeting the requirements (You should wait 3 weeks), so don't bother applying.

These are some fundamental stuff you need to know before engaging in a quest to get a Community Rank. If you have something to add, make sure to leave a reply below and I'll make sure to update this topic. I hope this helped you guys at least a bit.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 04:31:36 am by NoSwear »
San Andreas Sheriffs Department
      Captain Daniel Payne
      Area Commander of Red County

Badge #: 03
Service: 20th of November, 2016 - Present
Divisions: RED, SEB

A small subscribe would help me a lot, thanks in advance!

Re: Tips on how to earn a "Community Rank"
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 04:19:11 am »
Well, I believe it will be helpful if you added some of the frequently asked questions that will be asked in the future @NoSwear

• It depends on your activity & Contributions (Suggestions, Post quality, Behavior) towards the server

I've been a Community member for 2 weeks, But I think I deserve to be Junior Community Member, can I still apply?

• No. You'll probably get denied for not meeting the requirements (You should wait 3 weeks), so don't bother applying.

Copy it below

Spoiler: show
Code: [Select]
[hr]
[u][i]FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions[/i][/u]

[b]Where should I post my Community member application?[/b]

• You should post your application in this [url=https://forum.igcrpg.net/index.php?board=31.0]topic[/url].

[b]How can I know if my application was accepted / denied?[/b]

[b]My warning level is 10%, Can I still apply?[/b]

[b]What are the requirements for applying for community member?[/b]

• It depends on your activity & Contributions [size=6](Suggestions, Post quality, Behavior)[/size] towards the server

[b]I've been a Community member for 2 weeks, But I think I deserve to be Junior Community Member, can I still apply?
[/b]
• No. You'll probably get denied for not meeting the requirements [size=6](You should wait 3 weeks)[/size], so don't bother applying.
[hr]
??

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 04:32:00 am »
Quote from: 'Phoenix link' dateline='1481361551'
Well, I believe it will be helpful if you added some of the frequently asked questions that will be asked in the future @NoSwear

Copy it below

Spoiler: show
Code: [Select]
[hr]
[u][i]FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions[/i][/u]

[b]Where should I post my Community member application?[/b]

• You should post your application in this [url=https://forum.igcrpg.net/index.php?board=31.0]topic[/url].

[b]How can I know if my application was accepted / denied?[/b]

[b]My warning level is 10%, Can I still apply?[/b]

[b]What are the requirements for applying for community member?[/b]

• It depends on your activity & Contributions [size=6](Suggestions, Post quality, Behavior)[/size] towards the server

[b]I've been a Community member for 2 weeks, But I think I deserve to be Junior Community Member, can I still apply?
[/b]
• No. You'll probably get denied for not meeting the requirements [size=6](You should wait 3 weeks)[/size], so don't bother applying.
[hr]

Much appreciated, the original post has been modified.
San Andreas Sheriffs Department
      Captain Daniel Payne
      Area Commander of Red County

Badge #: 03
Service: 20th of November, 2016 - Present
Divisions: RED, SEB

A small subscribe would help me a lot, thanks in advance!

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 07:23:42 pm »
Move this to forum guides.
Co-Founder of Brims
Community Member

Offline Electro

• Senior Community Member
Re: Tips on how to earn a \
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 02:37:33 am »
Although this is quite old, most of the information here is accurate and will almost guarantee you to be accepted in your applications.

I may not be the Community Ranks Manager but I know some tips myself that will add extra chance of you being accepted.

Most of what I know are already listed here but here are the things that aren't listed

• Be consistent with your post, when Community Rank Manager find massive gaps or lots of gaps in your activity they tend to deny your application, so be sure not to leave any gaps and post as much as you can
  • Don't Spam, when I say post as much as you can, I mean post comments and opinions that are constructive otherwise you will have a lower chance of being accepted
  • Try to improve your english, if you're not proficient in english try to improve, your post won't be very understandable if you aren't that good in english so try to improve it so you'll have a better chance in getting accepted
  • Though this is listed this is HIGHLY IMPORTANT AND A MUST, community members should not be limited to the active boards, such as QA and Server Suggestions, a community member is a member of the community and such should post anywhere they are allowed, but mainly General Chat and General Discussion. Try to keep this in mind when you apply for a Community Rank any time soon as it will, undoubtedly increase your chances of being accepted tenfold.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 02:41:53 am by Electro »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal