Quantcast

Author Topic: ATLAS | Group Guides  (Read 2892 times)

Offline Mr.Zombie

• Senior Community Member
ATLAS | Group Guides
« on: February 28, 2017, 11:47:18 am »

RolePlay

What is RolePlay and why am I making this guide?
The actual point of RolePlay is to develop your character, give him a role to do in the game. At the moment in IGC we all have a role, a soldier if you're in ATLAS or a police officer if you come here from another group. Maybe a pilot if you're from Aero Space divsion or a criminal if you're from a criminal group. Why am I making this guide? Well, many people consider roleplay to be ./do and ./me and that counts as roleplay to them. But roleplay is actually much more than that. It can be pretty amazing what you can achieve and do in RolePlay.

ROLEPLAY STORY/SCENARIO
This is the most important and the first part of RP training. Scenario or story is a story that you will hear (read in this case) from the training hoster. Most of our RP trainings are held in the "map/radar" room which is that white door near our boat spawner. After lining up, you will be told to enter that interior and after entering you are supposed to stand around that table with SA map on it. When you see a message "RP-on" or anything like that THIS means that the training has officialy started and it means that you can't use any animations like /dancethree or anything like that. You also shouldn't talk until you get asked if you have any questions, but if you already have to say something really important then use GC and say it like this: (GC) LT-Mr.Zombi[A]: ((your very important message here)).
... after this the story/taining starts.

Now let's take a look at an RP story.
We have recieved a call from our criminal spy and he told us that the ship full of weapons and ammo is arriving to SF in 15 hours. We don't know where the weapons are exactly, but our mission is to stop that ship from unloading the cargo as well as catch every criminal on that ship, if not then eliminate. We will go with three helicopters, then proceed to the ship with jet skies. The most important thing is to not get spotted, now get fully geared up and we'll meet outside.

So basically this story tells you that you will go to a ship that is heading towards SF so that's most likely that one near the prison island. Also as you can see you will go with helicopters and then proceed with jet skies, in our case that will be dinghy. After the story has been told, your job is to follow instructions and act like you would act in real life.

Here are some rules you should follow while RP-ing:

• Never talk in group chat, unless it's extremely important. If you're driving a helicopter and want to tell something which is a part of the training, you should use R: text (R is radio).
  • If somebody is trolling you then you should just ignore that player unless the person that is leading the training stops it and call an admin, otherwise you're not allowed to kill anybody or do anything without permission.
  • When you're trying to say something that cannot be said with /me or /do you should say it in local chat, but do not use any slang/internet slang words such as can u, pls, sup, watchu doin', etc.
  • You are supposed to use the default walk style because nobody sneaks when going somewhere in real life, although if the training hoster forgets to mention it, then just leave it as it is.

When you are role-playing you are supposed to act like in real-life, change the story path, use /me and /do commands frequently, etc. Make sure you never try to rush somewhere or kill somebody without permission, hoster is like your commander in real life, which means he's the person you should listen to/obey.

Changing the story path...
This is something that will definietly give you excellent grades, if not then it will at least give you one or two more. Changing the story path basically means that you add something to the RP scenario, this doesn't require any skill, just use your imagination and add something that makes sense and can make training more enjoyable.

Example of adding something to an existing story:
Spoiler: show
.... ATLAS operators are on the ship, criminals have been eliminated and the weapon crates have been found...

Now this is it, this is when you can add something, you can say that you spotted a helicopter flying towards the ship, you can say that you heard something in one of the containers (then that might be a bomb or something), so just use your imagination and you'll come up with something very interesting, I'm sure you have watched so many movies, so you should come up with something very easily.

USAGE OF RP COMMANDS => ME AND DO
These commands can be used if you type them in local chat -> U > /me reloads his M4.

Command /me
... is used when you want to describe what are you doing, this can be either turning off the car engine, reloading your weapon or anything like that, just use it when you want to describe your action(s).

U > /me turns off the car engine > will show up like:
(LOC) * Zombie turns off the car engine.

So as you can see I used /me command to describe my action, which I did. I could just get out of my car and not say anything, but this is a chance for you to use one of the RP commands, which you should because you're in an RP training after all...

Command /do
... is used when you want to describe your surrounding objects or people and this command is usually used after /me.

U > /do the car's noise stops > will show up like:
(LOC) The car's noise stops * [Zombie].

So as you can see I used /do command to describe my surrounding objects, which in this case is the car's engine. I basically said that the noise that is being caused by the car engine has stopped.

Thank you all for reading , I hope this guide will help you in your trainings.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 10:48:51 pm by Mr.Zombie »
- Former Police Chief, SWAT Leader & ATLAS Leader.
- Former L2 Staff, Event Manager, Staff Application Manager & Complaints Manager
- One of the first players of IGC

Offline Mr.Zombie

• Senior Community Member
Re: ATLAS | Guide Center
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 10:44:08 pm »

PVTs Guide
Well , I've made this topic to guide the new member (PVTs) and helping them in thier way to be official members in ATLAS.

Q&A
Q1: What's PVTs test and why should I get tested?
A1: PVTs test is a test for trial members , they should get tested to check if they can complete thier way in the group or not.

Q2: Who will test me?
A2: Any leader will ask you after you join the group if you're ready or not

Q3: What should I do if I failed in my first test?
A3: You'll be tested again by a head leader

Q4: What will happen if I failed in my second test?
A4: Leaders will discuss that and a head leader will take the decision if you will get kicked or you'll re-tested again by another leader.

Q5: Where can I find my test result
A5:You can find it in Training Center, Press here to go there.

Q6: How can I get promoted?
A6: After you pass the PVTs test , leaders will discuss if you're going to get promoted or not.

Q7: How can I appeal my punishment in the group?
A7: You can appeal your punishment in the group by going to Complaints topic and using the correct format to appeal it.

Q8 How can I report a member of the group Who flamed me , Trolled me or did something wrong like playing as criminal?
A8 By going to the Complaints topic and using the correct format to report him and don't be afraid of anyone even if he's a leader.

What will you get tested in:

1- Law codes
You'll be tested in few law/location codes , you can find them Here or in group information (F2).

2- Navigation/Driving
A leader will test your driving skills and location skills , you must move in the right side always and not to move fast.

3- Flying
You'll get tested in flying by flying with Rustler or Maverick , if you got high marks in flying test you can join the aero space division

4- Combat
You'll get tested in combat in LV by fighting with gangsters or in LS by arresting criminals and fighting them.

Thanks for reading I hope I helped you in your Trial period, PM me or any moderator for any updates.

- Former Police Chief, SWAT Leader & ATLAS Leader.
- Former L2 Staff, Event Manager, Staff Application Manager & Complaints Manager
- One of the first players of IGC

Offline Electro

Re: ATLAS | Group Guides
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 12:18:37 am »
Tips on How to check an Application:

1- Check if he/she meets all the requirements to join the group. If the applicant does not meet the requirements but you think he/she deserves a chance ask other staff/leaders for their opinion on him/her.

2- Check if the he/she is on the Blacklist. If he/she is in the blacklist immediately deny him/her and also say that he/she may not apply until he/she is removed from the blacklist.

3- Read his/her entire application and see if he/she put any effort in his/her application. If the applicant didn't put any effort or did not put enough effort in his/her application you may deny him/her.

4- See if he/she  can speak/understand english well or at least have an exceptional understanding of it.

5- See if he/she has recently applied for any other groups. To check if he/she has applied go to his forum profile and click "show post" you will see all of his/her recent post and if you find an application for another group that is not older than 3 days deny him/her

6- If you cannot find any applications within the span of 3 days in his/her post copy his/her account name an search it on the forum and see if he/she has another account. If he or she does check the post on that account and see if he/she made any applications to join another group in the past 3 days

7- In his/her application you can see and read all the groups he/she have been in and the reason why he/she left that group. If he/she has joined and left many groups ask other leaders opinions.

8- Ask any leader of his/her previous groups about him, how he/she acts, how he/she behaves and other things.

9- Observe his/her behaviour in game and on forum. If his/her behaviour is unacceptable you may deny him since we don't need childish and trollish members in our group.

10- If the applicant has applied previously and got denied check the reason for his/her denial and see if he/she fixed that and see if they have improved since their last application.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal