Quantcast

Author Topic: Re: Standalone IGC game  (Read 5564 times)

Re: Standalone IGC game
« on: January 29, 2017, 12:35:23 pm »
Well the problem here is that you`re simply giving up just because it's hard. Can you imagine that feel? People playing your game, saying good things about it. The easiest thing to do is give up without trying.

Standalone IGC game
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 01:17:47 pm »
Well basicaly i`m sick and tired of all the shit games that come out, soooooo i want to set up a team for this lil project.

- A RP game with DiRT 3 driving mechanics, combat shouldn't be any special.
WILL EXPLAIN IN DETAIL ONCE GUS APPROVES THIS PROJECT!

I`m just an idea guy, most people know that. Write down bellow if you wanna be a part of it.
- Why bother with this dying game when we can combine our ideas and make a AAA game, think about it.

Offline NizwaFTW

• SaddamHussien
  • Honourable
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 01:08:15 am »
This needs alot of funding like ALOT! also scripting is totally different than making something from nothing.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 11:42:56 am »
You can do it for free, once you complete 30% of the game you go to a crowdfunding website and select the flexible funding option. Simple as that

Offline NizwaFTW

• SaddamHussien
  • Honourable
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 05:01:46 am »
I don't question morgan's or Emile's skills but making something from nothing is different than making scripts , also you need alot of hype to get it started which is hard to do.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 09:27:31 am »
Oh ffs, let's just start getting shit done. GUS NOTICE ME

Offline Mikedz

• Community Member
  • Group: Hysteria
  • In-Game Name: Pancake
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 09:38:54 am »
Quote from: 'Callum link' dateline='1486592987'
I feel this goes slightly beyond the remit of this community. Making a whole game of its own is worthy of a new title and community.
If Callum says it, then you don't even have to bother.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 11:02:31 am »
The idea by itself it's not bad, since MTA limitations and performance sucks but there are some big issues
  • Does anyone here have any further idea of programming in C++
  • Would someone sacrify like 5000 hours of worktime making a game "for free" without having the security that it'll success?
  • Imagine we've got programmers and who defuq would be the 3D modder, afaik I'm the only 3D modder in this forums and the only thing I can say is that it takes a huge amount of time making almost anything from scratch

Offline Om

• Senior Community Member
  • In-Game Name: Om
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 03:07:18 pm »
Quote from: 'Flower ? Power link' dateline='1486742551'
The idea by itself it's not bad, since MTA limitations and performance sucks but there are some big issues
  • Would someone sacrify like 5000 hours of worktime making a game "for free" without having the security that it'll success?
  • Imagine we've got programmers and who defuq would be the 3D modder, afaik I'm the only 3D modder in this forums and the only thing I can say is that it takes a huge amount of time making almost anything from scratch

I am 3D Modder, I'm also C++/C and .NET developer also know game development but literally too lazy to work, plus there's no 100% chances of being it successful.

Offline Ares

• Honourable
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 06:56:28 pm »
Quote from: 'Flower ? Power link' dateline='1486742551'

You don't need to know C to create a game, look at Minecraft lul

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 04:28:01 am »
As i said, it doesn`t need to be Arma 3 level. You can pretty much sell shit today and be successful, we need to get on a group voice chat and discuss certain things

Offline Gus

• IGC Founder
  • Hello
  • Group: NSM
  • In-Game Name: Gus
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 10:56:40 am »
Y'all are actually serious about making this. However it would need funding. And as much as I would love to actually do something like this. I for one don't have the money to fund something like this.
I love lions.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 11:02:04 am »
Gus bby, we make 20-30% of the game. Then we crowdfund it, simple as that. There are plenty of free engines out there, most of them work on a provision system. Say 15% of each sale, stuff like that.

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 11:47:21 am »
Quote from: 'Ares link' dateline='1486770988'
You don't need to know C to create a game, look at Minecraft lul
You're right you don't need know C to create a game, you need know C to create a decent game.

Go learn this Unreal Engine tutorial maybe someone can do a decent game; tutorial

Offline Ares

• Honourable
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2017, 11:51:57 am »
Quote from: 'Flower ? Power link' dateline='1487350041'
You're right you don't need know C to create a game, you need know C to create a decent game.

Go learn this Unreal Engine tutorial maybe someone can do a decent game; tutorial

Minecraft doesn't use C and it's a decent game.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal