Quantcast

Author Topic: Too tanky  (Read 7912 times)

Too tanky
« on: June 22, 2018, 11:03:55 am »
So a lot of people already know that yesterday I've been turfing for a bunch of time and steaming it, and today I come to rant about it like a bitch (well not that much I had fun playing with this guys) anyways lemme explain my issues with the "competitive" side of the server or atleast my point of view about it...

My main complaint is mainly about how tanky are the players, this is really really annoying people can tank more than a Spaz magazine before they die, now what's the problem with it? just git gud and don't fail those crucial shoots, well that's totally true when we talk about 1 v 1 situation, no matter how tanky is someone in 1 v 1 situation the player who makes less mistakes will win no matter what. Then what's your problem? My problem is that being a lone wolf tryhard kind of playstyle in the server it's extrmely punishing, no matter how good you play no matter how many mistakes makes your rivals you're not going to win never a 1 v 3. The reason why this is a reality and in old GTI was easier to deal with bigger group of players is simple: you can't punish mistakes with death and you don't have alot of tricks to pull-off in order to deal with bigger groups of enemies, now when i talk about mistakes you probably don't understand what I mean in reality so before I go deep balls into the gameplay mechanics lemme define what is a mistake because if not it would be like talking in chinese.
Spoiler: Mistakes • show
So doing a mistake in video game is defined as doing an action and getting unwanted outcome for it, the simplest example that comes to my mind is Geometry Dash tap the screen in the wrong moment and you lose, simple right? you get it? Now a more complex example can be playing as ADC in League of Legends (if you haven't played a LoL ranked never in your life you won't understand this example), when you're ADC there is a lot of times that you'll die for getting in the wrong position in the wrong time but this is really hard to define because due the amounts of variables that can happen in LoL a wrong position varies depending on you team composition on enemies one, what are your items, which adc are you playing, who's your support... The game has so many variables that it makes it deep, complex and refreshing...
But anyway returning to the topic what is a mistake in MTA? because depending of the game and the amount of variable within it can be harder to define and realize when you made one that ended up stepping you into the death. I'll try to give some examples in order to make you understand.

-Be too passive only playing reactively, basically waiting your rival to do the first move and react to it rather than trying to trick them
  -Too agressive, staying all the time shooting and never defending yourself not getting cover
  -Standing still while getting shooted by more players than you
  -Swapping to the wrong weapon depending the situation (ex: not swapping from Spaz to Uzi in order to sprint in the case that sneak not existing)
Then depending on the certain situation a mistake can vary alot because there are moments where you want to be extremely agressive or very passive that's where the game complexity is and that's where a part of your skill has to shine.

Then after talking about a bunch of annoying lines about what is a mistake let's talk about punishing mistakes punishing a mistake is part of getting better in the game, the more mistakes of your enemy you can recognize and punish the better you play, you provoke your rival getting hardly punished for making those mistakes, bad players not only do a bunch of mistakes they don't properly punish their enemies for making those mistakes.

So, Manex what the fuck are you talking about if the topic title is "Too Tanky" you haven't even talked about the players HP or the Guns damage yet... Be patient little boy.
Now let's talk about it, right now people is really tanky in the game this not only is annoying and unrealistic, this is something that really hardly caps the skill and the posibilities of a single player outplaying his enemies, why? The answer is simple, you cannot punish your enemies as hard as when they are squishy, when players are squishy a single mistake can mean death, I'll put a simple example let's say you're playing in a 1 v 2, because they are in number advantage they think they can stay still and shoot you, well if they do, that keep running wait when they are about to reload burst down one as quickly as possible then you're in a 1 v 1 with almost full health which way more manageable.

The problem with IGC is that it is not possible punish any kind of mistake like that, due how tanky players are you cannot burst down anyone for doing a mistake like that, making any 1 v 2+ situation not hard, even worse impossible.
The tankiness of the players makes every mistake a bad player makes not getting properly punished even if you recognize it and react to it. And this is not the only problem there are alot of other facts that let players not get punished for doing mistakes, but this is the core problem that resides on IGC and not even GTI had...

I want to dedicate some words to this side problems that makes in my opinion the game more braindead and as I repeated in the post several times gives less room to punish enemies.
-Sneak walkstyle let's sprint with any weapon making that weapon swapping unneceasary, so you can stay with the same weapon and defend yourself properly not even needing to swap of weapon.
-Lack of accuracy on some weapons such as Uzi, M4 and AK, since shoots spread everywhere they are not effective in medium-long range so they have better use in close distance which doesn't make sense and luckily Shotguns still META in close distance combat.
-Anti-throught wall shooting script, this is probably the most cancerous script that we inherited from CIT with all seriousness, the problem by itself it is not that it doesn't solve it's main issue which is being able to shoot throught the wall while covering almost your entire body behind giving you a big advantage over people who doesn't give a fuck about terrain and map. It solves 1 problem and it creates another problem even bigger and worse than the before one, basically everytime you stick to a wall no matter the accuraccy you become semi-inmortal which is really really annoying, I've got a bunch of examples for this in GTI we used to have this discussion too.

Most recent clip which is kind of obvius...
Olde vid
Olde vid 2

This script just does what it was intended to and it creates another problem that as mentioned before it's even worse and we cannot ignore it. PD: it makes not being able to shoot throught fences too. So yea, get your own conclusions.

Now after arguing all this bunch of ideas I want to go into the changes I think it would make more heatlhier and higher skillcapped the game.
  • Add a new feature that if a play gets shooted he can't sprint in the next 1 second
  • Remove Sneak walkstyle since it makes game for dumbs instead of forcing players to swap weapons to be able to sprint
  • Remove the anti-throught wall shoot script
  • Make M4 have 100% accuracy, change its magazine from 50 rounds to 25, raise it's damage from 10 HP/bullet to 11/hp bullet
  • Make AK47 have 90% accuracy, raise it's damage from 10 HP/bullet to 12/hp bullet
  • Don't allow dual pistols make it just one, make it's damage 12/hp bullet
  • Raise Shotgun damage to 80 HP/if you hit all the pellets
  • Raise Sawed-Off damage to 60 HP/if you hit all the pellets, remove dual make it a single Sawed-Off
  • Give Rifle a 4 bullet magazine to raise it's fire-rate
  • Adderall (does this even work?)
  • Cocaine, add a speed buff that makes your game go in x1.15 speed
  • Crystal meth it's ok, really good drug.
  • Ecstasy (does this even work?), change its effect to that if you're beging shooted you're not affected by the new feature mentioned above.
  • Nerf Oxycodone from 200 HP to 140 HP
I apologize for not using the default format but I think it's better by this way.

Offline Private

• Junior Community Member
  • In-Game Name: Private
Re: Too tanky
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 11:11:15 am »
Than u also should understand this and make medium post not like Complaint - Electro xD

hhhh my post is way smaller compared to this

khush1412

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 11:13:38 am »
If it is suggestion add poll please so we can vote

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 11:15:41 am »
Who will read all this
Someone who doesn't want to be an ignorant about the game and push further their understanding about it, if you don't read the post don't bother on arguing about it, if you're not capable of hearing what other people says how you're supposed to argue? if you're so ignorant that you give your opinion without even reading the post just don't talk, ok?

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 11:20:03 am »
If it is suggestion add poll please so we can vote
Hey buddy if you like the suggestion or not, you can comment it why, vote system is fucked anyone can vote without even reading it, while when someone who really cares about what the fck is going on, he'll read it and argue his opinion in the replies, rather than just lazy-voting.

khush1412

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 11:24:36 am »
But if u need this suggestion to be added in game than u have to add poll of 14 days or staff will deny it automatically. So ur choice

Offline Electro

• Senior Community Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 11:40:46 am »
Flower, you can move this to general discussion if you don't wanna add a poll :p

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 11:53:53 am »
Flower, you can move this to general discussion if you don't wanna add a poll :p
As you dare any staff might move it if you want, can't move it myself.

Offline SoldierRedGhost

• Community Member
  • Life is nothing but just a life simulation game :X
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 12:00:21 pm »
So much big I can't read it explain in short and the staff will see this whole big story):

Offline Danger

• In-Game Name: Danger
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 01:30:08 pm »
add poll
Respect me

Offline Bryan

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2018, 08:42:13 am »

Offline Bryan

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 08:43:35 am »
1-use format correct;
2-add a poll.

Offline Electro

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 08:50:44 am »
As you dare any staff might move it if you want, can't move it myself.
ye gonna move it to discussion board

Offline Drake

• [D1] Trial Developer
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • In-Game Name: Drake
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 07:28:48 pm »
@Shomile move this to the suggestion board and add a poll please :)
SWAT Team Commander
Community Event Manager
Police Chief, Colonel

Offline Electro

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 07:47:12 pm »
@Shomile move this to the suggestion board and add a poll please :)
if I can't move this to suggestions board shomile can't too eksdee

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal