Quantcast

Author Topic: What do we need to succeed?  (Read 10428 times)

Offline Noble

• Veteran Community Member
  • The Noble Guy
  • Group: Department of Defense
  • In-Game Name: [IGC]Noble|DEF|
What do we need to succeed?
« on: November 03, 2016, 04:43:21 pm »
In your opinion what do you think IGC needs to succeed as a server with good but also constant players playing IGC.

Keep in mind the following topics:
  • CnR related stuff;
  • Turf (or whatever you want to call it);
  • Civillian related stuff;
  • Payment system;
  • Group system and its perks, rewards, etc;
  • Balanced Cops & Criminals activities;

Feel free to talk about anything else that is not mentioned in this topic but please don't start a fight.

Here goes my opinion. Give to much freedom to players such as "Freedom of Speech", etc it can be good but I think we've seen it that wasn't so good after all lol. People used and abused that kind of freedom.

We need balanced scripts for criminals, cops and also civillians. Something like 50/50. If a faction has too many things the others will start a fight with or without a reason. It doesn't matter. Fights are not good.

If accepted, Developers should pay special atention to the suggestions made by the community. If the suggestion is good I am sure people will upvote it which means the community want it on the server to have fun (Don't forget the balanced thing I've mention before).

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 04:51:20 pm by Noble »

Re: What do we need to succeed?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 04:49:43 pm »
This is most likely the prioritized factors. There's a Development Agent stating that all of the mentioned posts above are finished or based on GTI's previous system. Succeed will depend on management and proper advertising.

Offline Noble

• The Noble Guy
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 05:34:21 pm »
Proper advertising in the right time. We need someone with a good computer to show to MTA community the scripts we've got.

Offline NewYorkStar

• Group: ATLAS
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 07:34:59 pm »
We need gtirpg server/forum db back, also ls drugship

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 09:39:14 pm »
In my opinion, what IGC needs, is attention to detail in everything. Detailed jobs, turfing/gang system, CnR activities, everything must be well thought, to make a good experience for everyone, no matter what you do, focusing on all aspects of the gameplay. A rich experience, that makes people hooked to the game. Immersion. If it takes a lot of time, it's alright. I don't mind. I prefer a polished experience than a rushed release that will make people play for a few days maybe and then forget about it. Make us play this server instead of the others. Being unique is really important too. You aim for the same gamemode as the other servers (as far as I know), but you must take a different approach on it. That's the only way you'll get them to keep playing this one. Lots of different activities, so the players always find something to do, even if the player count isn't very high. Make civilian jobs as interesting as turfing and playing as a cop, basically, so they're not just there to make some money. Keep a good balance between the 3 main aspects of the server.

In brief, IGC needs creative developers (and also good listeners) that make the experience as rich as possible, without sacrificing balance between the different activities. Let the product speak for itself.

Offline M1

• Group: Special Operations Group
  • In-Game Name: Haider
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 12:53:58 am »
I was going to say we need two things to survive. mainly the two things GTi ended up failing at!

1) Catering to a mature audience: We don't need immature people joining us to only and only cause issues and creating a toxic environment. GTI bent backwards for said players for way to long in the name of "Freedom of speech". We should never have a court system, and for major violations like exploiting and griefing/excessive flaming should be severe, especially against repeat offenders.

2) Leadership coming up with a clear vision, and sticking the fuck to it: I mean suggestions are great and all, but I've noticed throughout gaming communities that players don't seem to think logically before throwing their voice in. Most of the time said voices simply end up being a knee-jerk reaction to something else. Which leads to extreme measures of simply removing or nerfing something to oblivion (See CIT) or trying to allow and create exploits (See Rude Prawns from GTi)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:57:21 am by M1 »

Offline Gus

• IGC Founder
  • Hello
  • Group: NSM
  • In-Game Name: Gus
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 08:04:23 am »
As the sole founder of IGC I'd like to say a few things.

Firstly I don't want to over complicate things. There will be a development team, and a staff team. Two seprate teams that do what their names describe.

Development has full say on what they want added. As long as core features are done before beta release. (Most are already done) The final core things are being worked on as we speak.

The staff team will be simple. There will be five ranks, and the highest being Head Staff (M1).
Head staff will be responsible for handling the staff team and the complaints that come with it.
There won't be a court system. No staff government. There could be a player government (the RP type)

To address the advertisement of the server. We've emailed everyone that had a registered account on GTi by access the old forum db. We've also talked about when the server releases buying a top server spot from MTA until we've sustained a reliable player base.

As it stands right now everyone that works on the server is in a discord server together at all times.
There has been no drama between us and we all agree we like what direction the server is going in. With no plans to change at this time.

On to something M1 said which I wish we could have done on GTi was not bowing down to a small percentage of players. It made everyones job harder, and ultimately was one of the causes of GTis failure.

Now on to core features as of right now.

IGC has many of the same features as GTi did. The reason for this is because everyone that worked on GTi is now working on IGC. Now this doesn't mean things will stay the same. Things will evolve over time.

I want to make a promise as the founder of the community that we won't become like other communities. We'll listen to every idea from the players. We'll make changes where changes are needed. And we'll deal with any problems that come up without it effecting the community in a harsh way.

If you have any questions please ask them. I'll try my best to answer them to the best of my abilities.
I love lions.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 10:26:58 am »
Directing our attention to a mature audience is a good point as stated by M1. There is absolutely no need to please players incapable of acting mature. By doing so the staff team would remain manipulated to not risk the loss of those players.

But in general, general and equal treatment is required overall.

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 11:25:22 am »
Carrying out a participative community is a beneficial relief. If management occurs to handle every affair on their own it comes a point where both parties are disliked about it.
San Andreas Sheriffs Department
        Assistant Sheriff Andrew Foy
-
Badge #: 02
Service: 26th of November, 2016 - Present
Divisions: RED/IAD, SEB

Offline Backsage

• Group: SWAT Team
  • In-Game Name: Backsage
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 11:10:08 pm »
If you have some sort of feature and players start complaining about it, are you going to nerf/improve it just to please them? Or are you going to have your developer team decide what is best for the community and have them decide whether suggestions would benefit the community or only a certain group of people? I don't wanna see a lot of suggestions about "Bringing back" or "remove this" or "nerfing" this because some group of people (e.g. If you have a suggestion about removing restrictions on throwing nades or about bringing back the old LV binds) will highly upvote those suggestions. I recently saw one guy on CIT shoutbox and he said something like "LS players shouldn't vote on this stuff 'cause they don't play in LV!" Wtf kind of attitude is that? Everyone should be able to have a vote/voice on a suggestion, even if one person or a group of people (e.g. LV community) think that other groups of people (e.g. civilians, cops, crims) shouldn't have a vote/voice on those suggestions and because they think those suggestions would harm them/take away their fun. That's totally fucked up in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:12:29 pm by Backsage »
Proud creator and advocate of the tournament system

Offline Noble

• The Noble Guy
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 12:06:47 pm »
You're right. Anyways Devs should always keep an eye on suggestions made by the community. What's the point of having that board, people suggest stuff and nobody cares? But yeah, you're right and it won't be easy to balance things. It will be even harder considering the fight between cops and criminals. Devs keep an eye on suggestions made by the community but try to balance them :3

Offline Ghost05

• Group: Camorra
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 06:58:36 pm »
more rpg, don;t kill it plz
      Lieutenant Scott Watson
      Area Commander of Bone County
Badge #: 31
Service: 20th of November, 2016 - Present.
Divisions: Recruitment & Employment - Internal Affairs.

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 04:16:38 pm »
Quote from: 'Ghost05 link' pid='2' dateline='1479167916'
more rpg, don;t kill it plz
      Sheriff Stanley Burnett

Badge #: 01
Service: 20th of November, 2016 - Present
Divisions: RED/IAD

Offline Mackepper

• Expert Community Member
  • The Keeper
  • Group: NWA
  • In-Game Name: Mackepper
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 06:02:10 pm »
No discrimination. Yeah you'd better let me explain myself;

1- LV players aren't worse than LS or SF players.
They just like other type or DM that isn't CnR. LV players like to use grenades and satchels and make abusive crack teamwars, enjoying the FFA, calling their mates KinG and they rivals kids, making alliances and just having fun the way they like. There aren't worse just because they don't know law codes at they don't make riots against criminals. And we must make everyone in IGC that LV players aren't 13 y/o kids that enjoy to troll. The incredible limits that were added in LV at CIT because LS players said so (Since at CIT being from LS is white and being from LV is being black) They lost over 300 online players in one year, make sure not to fuck up LV only because people who don't play at that city want to. Turf players are a big amount of players in the servers.

2- Avoid the lack of chances to unskilled playes/ new players/ people with less English skills.
If a new player joins the server, for example, as a cop, and he just got a mp5 with some bullets. Damn if you see him alone, and you're patrolling around with your group, offer him to join your patrol! It's important to make new players feel comfortable. Same applies for criminals and civilians. As well as, please try to help those who lacks of English skills, try to have a conversation with him and make him feel happy and enjoy the server. And because of you, IGC might win a new member.

Not everything is in Staffs and Developers hands. You, reader, can make a lot for this community!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 06:03:53 pm by Mackepper »

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 06:25:53 pm »
Well, I have to say a few things about LV, and that can cause many problems for our community:
First of all, if "Binds" "Satchels and Grenades" be added in LV, it will be the worst thing in the server, why? I don't know if you guys know, but nowadays CIT is dying because of many players, and 70% of them are because of LV, since they do too many exploits/cheats to kill others people easily, hence, there is only a solution to fix these things on LV is not adding Binds to LV, only switch to fist are fine to them, then, adding a rule for those players who like to exploit/cheat should be good for avoid people complaining about those players, that's all, I have a video and I'll put it bellow to you guys see how the LV should work while it will have grenades/satchels anyway...
Spoiler: show

I forgot to say, adding the old weapons system to can use in LV more easily could be good, I mean, the person has to go to a ammunation and improve their capacity of use the weapons by shooting in bots that will appear.
\"If you don\'t build your own dream, someone will hire you to build theirs\" -Tony Gaskins
Wiggle

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal